For Couples: See The 5 Ways To Maintain A Long Term Relationship
Sometimes, relationships can be so stressful, relationships are always tough, and things don’t get any easier as time goes on.
With most long-term relationships, there are going to be periods of stress and speed bumps of tedium along the way but that doesn’t mean it should break up the relationship.
To make a relationship work you have to be aware of the inevitable lulls or moments of doubts and make plans to counteract them, just because you’ve been together a long time doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun being in the relationship.
So what does it take to make a long-term relationship work?below are some tips to make long- term relationship work.
1. Embrace flaws/Faults: “Once you’re in a relationship, remember the old wise saying “nobody’s perfect”, when you fall for someone your initial attraction can stop you noticing your new partner’s flaws, or at least override them but as things progress, you learn more about each other – both the good and the bad so to get through this stage, you need to be understanding and caring, for your partner to be willing to open up and show the real them is a huge part of showing their trust in you, so be kind and gracious”.
2. Don’t rush: “Enjoy the present and don’t constantly worry about what the other is thinking, there are various stages of a relationship and the third involves questioning your relationship, as you look to make someone a part of your life long-term, you may question whether the relationship (rather than the person) is right for you so going slow diminishes the risk of that”.
3. Always be yourself: “Being true to yourself is crucial to making a relationship last, being honest with yourself about what you want out of life, and out of your relationship is a must so don’t withhold or dilute your views, it’s not necessary to spill all at once of course, but be mindful to tell the truth when asked and do your best to be upfront”.
4. Balance: “You don’t have to compromise your independence, you need to make room for your partner in your life but not at the expense of everything else – friends are crucial too and a good way to balance your personal life”.
5. Communication is key: “Don’t be afraid to let your guard down and if you’re hiding your feelings, don’t expect your other half to be a mind reader – sadly, that’s not a built in function, it’s a two-way street, so listening is also vital”.
The post For Couples: See The 5 Ways To Maintain A Long Term Relationship appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.http://damiblog.com.ng/2017/07/17/for-couples-see-the-5-ways-to-maintain-a-long-term-relationship/https://i2.wp.com/damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cuteoldies2-700x501-1.jpg?fit=700%2C501https://i2.wp.com/damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cuteoldies2-700x501-1.jpg?resize=150%2C150Gossips