9 Foreign Musicians You Probably Didn’t Know Were Nigerians (With Photos)
1. Rotimi Akinosho was born in Maplewood, New Jersey, to Nigerian parents– his father an investment banker of Yoruba origin and his mother of Igbo origin, working for the government.
He’s currently acting in the on going movie series (POWER)
2. Chamillionaire: Grammy Award-winning rapper was born Hakeem Seriki in Washington DC to a Muslim father and a Christian mother, both of Nigerian extraction.
3. Sade Adu: The singer’s full name is Helen Folasade Adu was born on 16 January 1959 in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.Her middle name, Folasade, means “honour confers a crown”.
Her parents, Adebisi Adu, a Nigerian lecturer in economics of Yoruba background, and Anne Hayes, an English district nurse, met in London, married in 1955 and moved to Nigeria.
4. Seal: Seal was born on February 19, 1963 to Nigerian father, Francis Samuel and mother, Adebisi Ogundeji. His real name is Henry Olusegun Olumide Adelo Samuel.
He married model/TV personality, Heidi Klum, for seven years with three kids together before they separated in 2012.
5. Lemar: English R&B singer and song-writer, Lemar Obika, was born on April 4, 1978, to Nigerian parents of Enugu State.
6. Skepta: Joseph Junior Adenuga was born on September 19, 1982. He is better known by his stage name,Skepta. He is an English Grime artist, songwriter and record producer of Nigerian descent.
7. Tinie Tempah: He was born to Nigerian parents from Ibusa, Delta State, but has spent all his life in London. He is one of UK’s hottest rappers at the moment, with two of his singles peaking at number 1 (“Pass Out” and “Written in the Stars”) in the UK Singles Chart of 2010.
Tinie Tempah’s real name is Chukwuemeka Patrick Okogwu.
8. Wale: Olubowale Victor Akintimehin, popularly known by his stage name Wale (Wah-lay), is an American rapper best known for his single “Pretty Girls”.
He has rubbed shoulders with the very best in the American music industry including the likes of Lady Gaga, Wiz Khalifa and Pharrell Williams. He has two BET awards in his kitty.
9. Nas: Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, who is the son of popular Jazz musician, Olu Dara Blues, a musician of Yoruba descent, is an internationally known American Rapper, producer and more.
He began his musical career in 1991 and released his debut album Illmatic, in 1994
The post 9 Foreign Musicians You Probably Didn’t Know Were Nigerians (With Photos) appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.https://damiblog.com.ng/2017/07/19/9-foreign-musicians-you-probably-didnt-know-were-nigerians-with-photos/https://damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/1-21-2.jpghttps://damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/1-21-2-150x150.jpgGossips