8 Tips To Keep Rats Away From Your House; These Will Really Help You
According to homeremedyhacks, to keep these pests out of your house, you need to deprive them of what they want most: food and shelter. Here are a few tips to keep rats away from your house.
1. Cover Your Trash:
Make sure your garbage cans have snug lids and are made of metal. If you have to use plastic trash cans, make sure that there are no holes in them.
2. Store your pet food:
Rats love pet food. If you feed your dog outside and leave food out, you’re inviting every pest in the neighbourhood to visit. Store pet and bird food in glass or metal containers with tight lids..go to all the pages below to read all.
3. Pick up fallen fruits: If you have fruit or nut trees, clean up any fruit that falls on the ground.
4. Clean up your garage:
Lawn seed, tulip bulbs and bone meal are food sources for mice and rats. Store them in metal or glass containers with tight lids. Don’t store firewood in your garage because it is a potential nesting site. Organise and store boxes off the ground to eliminate places for mice or rats to burrow.
5. Use peppermint oil:
Peppermint oil can be used to prevent rats as they can’t stand its pungent smell. All you have to do is dip some cotton balls in the oil and place them in the rat-prone area. It will surely give satisfactory results. Alternatively, citronella and castor oil can also be used.
6. Owl’s feather:
Owl’s feather will scare the rats and force them to run away. Try placing some owl’s feather inside the holes of these intruders. Alternatively, if you can’t find one, keep some plastic snakes in your garden to get rid of rats in the yard.
It is a very effective remedy to get rid of rats naturally. The smell of onions is odious to these nasty rodents. Just slice an onion and keep it inside or near their holes.
Sound not only hurts them, but also makes their ears bleed. A sharp noise-making sound box is all you need to make them run away.
- Always keep the home and attic clean.
- Seal all the possible entries of the rats using caulk.
- Keep your garbage cans neat and cover them with a lid.
- You can also own a cat.
- Remove all the food leftovers and grease from BBQ Grills.
- When you experience the presence of these rodents, do clean the floor with a solution of bleach and water (equal proportion) to safeguard your family from any disease.
- Clean the standing water from flower pots and other sources.
- Cut down tall shrubs and weeds from your garden.
- Do not spill food here and there.
- Do not leave the food uncovered.
The post 8 Tips To Keep Rats Away From Your House; These Will Really Help You appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.https://damiblog.com.ng/2017/08/13/8-tips-to-keep-rats-away-from-your-house-these-will-really-help-you/https://i2.wp.com/damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/rat_house-700x525-1.jpg?fit=700%2C525&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/damiblog.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/rat_house-700x525-1.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Gossips